Monday 21 July 2014

Zest Is The Spice Of Life.

Sometimes, life can be utterly boring considering the same monotonous routines, exams, college, 9-5 jobs etc. There needs to be a spark, a zest, to spice up life.
I feel like a vegetable sometimes, just sitting there and vegetating. So I've written down 5 things that zest up my life.

1. PETS
In the pet category, dogs give me immense happiness & sadly my busy weekdays don't allow me to own one but I'm always up for visiting my cousin as she has the cutest puppy ever named Astro. I love taking Astro for walks, playing fetch at the park, petting & feeding him. The best part is that I immediately feel happy after a long stressful day! Dogs are considered to be stress busters & help curb depression & loneliness. I usually feel depressed because I keep high expectations from people but no one lives up to it, whereas dogs reciprocate triple the amount of love you give to them & they definitely add zest to my life.
At 4 months

One year old


2. VACATIONS
I rarely get to go on vacations, but when I do, it feels great. It's in fact a refreshing change from the same old daily routine. Vacations add such zest to life & always keep one on their toes. I love beach holidays, they're my favourite. I love playing beach volleyball, boating, swimming, paragliding, jet skiing & soaking up the sun. It gives me a chance to spend quality time with my family & relatives. I love to get to know them better!

3. SECRET DIARY
I'm not much of a stories & poems kind of writer, but I have a secret diary locked up in my drawer. There are some things about some people, events or incidences that I cannot share with anyone, it bothers me as I can't keep it in, hence I write whatever I feel, no matter how good, bad or terrible. I read it whenever I need a reality check. It's super exciting to pen down whatever I feel. It adds a zest to my life by letting out my bottled emotions & not getting in trouble for it!


4. ONLINE SHOPPING
Online shopping can be a simple thing for some, it's super exciting for me as I don't contemplate or obsess over fast delivery. Physically going shopping can be tiring, draining & claustrophobic for me at times. I order stuff I need from different websites at once since they take weeks to deliver. Packages unexpectedly arriving can uplift my mood instantly, it's like a gift from me to myself.

5. LEARNING
Learning can be anything to a new language, a sport, or even a party trick. I'm always hungry for learning. It's something I can add to my personality. I remember doing a party trick & people were amazed. The words of appreciation & the ability to keep myself occupied & entertained adds zest to my life & make me want to learn more. I learnt Spanish & spoke to a fellow foreign exchange student at college & every one was suddenly taking interest in our conversation. It feels great to be appreciated every now & then.


This post is a part of the #ZestUpYourLife activity in association with TATA Zest and Blogadda.com

8 comments:

  1. Great Post Jyoti. All the best...
    Follow each other?
    www.icynosure.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and sure.
      Sadly I couldn't make it but I hope you had fun in Goa. :)

      Delete
  2. your dog is so precious,
    congratulations!
    see you in goa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Disha, it's my cousins dog, although I hope it was mine, hehe. <3
      Sadly I couldn't make it but I hope you had fun in Goa. :)

      Delete
  3. I like & share your zest experiences, Jyoti!
    Congrats for winning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita, that's very sweet of you. :)
      Sadly I couldn't make it. :(

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Bushra! :) Although I couldn't go, I'm hoping everyone had a great time. :)

      Delete

Hi, your positive and valuble comments make my day. Thank you :) xx